Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blueberry State of Mind, a collection of reflective truths

Blueberry State of Mind, a collection of reflective truths by Missy Smith

Here are 3 sneak peak excerpts from my book Blueberry State of Mind, a collection of reflective truths.


Other
pg 51

My status is other

My race is other

My disposition is other

My skin color is brown

Application in hand asking what race am I

????

What difference does it make?

What does it matter the color I come in?

Various fusions of my DNA has no bearing on my ability I do say

I am human

I am caring

Hardworking

Dedicated

Not giving in to these stereotypical prejudices

Before we proceed you first must know my status i.e. color of my skin

You will see once we come face to face

However, I see you are trying to judge this book before actually reading it

Can't do that

My status depicts other

More complex

Full of intellect

Ready to discriminate soon as you see what is checked

Not enough descriptive spaces for me to tell my true race story

Naw, I am much more diverse

So instead of eliciting confusion

I simply choose to check other first!

 





Better days are coming
pg82

Heh girl, you're feeling down girl

Know it's been rough

However, the hard part’s over girl

Only up is where you are now destined

So good you will be

So envious they will become

Beating rhythmless beats on their own drums

No more tears girl

No more pain girl

Only laughter

Only joys

They'll say something’s different girl

You'll say I know

Secret to them unknown

Smiling cuz only you'll know

Heh girl

Be patient girl

It’s coming

You'll love it

Your heart will sing

As your beauty reigns supreme

Be patient girl

It’s coming girl

You're coming girl

Listen...


Victim No More
pg 104

I’ve swam with sharks

Petted dolphins

Rode horses

Walked alongside lions

Gentle giants

Been defiant early on

Tell me no

I shall take it as a yes

Slam a door

I will simply open it back up

Walking through head high

Never been a rule follower

Though sometimes rule breaker

Team leader

Spirit lifter

Mountain climber

Obstacle over-comer

Do not tell me I am wrong

When I know I am right

See I have been through hell

Right here on earth

Tears falling as I have finally put me first

No more pain

Mind will not allow it

Drama free

Victim no more

Realizing then I was nothing with you

Knowing now, I am everything without you

 



These and many more reflections are inside the pages of Blueberry State of Mind, a collection of reflective truths by Missy Smith @Amazon.com, Barnesandnoble.com, Xlibris.com, Booksamillion.com and all your local bookstores.

To read other reflections follow me on facebook @ Author Missy Smith

authormissysmith.blogspot.com

wix.com/authormissysmith/poet for contact information regarding bookings and readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment