Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Late night thoughts

So it is 3:35am and I find myself sitting on the edge of my bed reflecting. Yes this is a normal occurrence with me but this day here is different. I let my mind wonder back into times when I was at my lowest of points. Yes we all have these moments when it seems everything is going good and then boom, the past sneaks in with intentions of stealing your joy. Not this time though. This is one of those situations when I am asking myself "you cannot be serious". A lot of things have happened to me over my 30 odd years hear on this earth and I can honestly say that my years have definitely been odd. I am like a puzzle whose pieces are meant to go into their places but for some reason they just don't so then you have to force them into that place or leave them out altogether. I know I know some will not get it but it is who I am. I am a complex woman. Wow did I just really say what my mom has said about me for all these years lol. Yep guess I did. But it is true nonetheless.

I am very complex. I am an intricate, delicate, sensitive, giving, shy individual who just sits back and watches. I have learned that life will never treat you in the manner you wish therefore you have to make life treat you as such. There are no limits to what you can achieve. I plan on reaching beyond the skies flying higher than any that for me is breath taking. So before retiring for a few hours of sleep, I wanted to leave you all with a reflection that I wrote in my newly published book Blueberry State of Mind, a collection of reflective truths titled "Strength". I always read this reflection day and night because it gives me such a boost and much needed inspiration. So enjoy everyone and until my next post, Creative Luv, Missy.

“Strength”



There comes a time when one must stand and be counted.

Never is there reason to allow yourself to become beaten to the point of no return.

The road to “Strength” is paved with truth and wisdom's. Yet, many fail to see the value in this way of thinking. So many times we settle for less than what we truly believe we are worth.

Many will keep you down in order for themselves to rise up. Saying simply to self you are someone is not enough. You must do more than say it, you must also prove it. Not just to others, but to yourself that you are actually that someone who not only matters, but who also counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment